Plugin License Information
Here is all of the license information regarding Pixel Film Products.
A single purchase of a plugin can be downloaded five (5) times and be installed on up to three (3) separate Macs for the same user. Composites are limited to three (3) downloads per download file for each purchased license. Additional licenses can be acquired by buying multiple copies of the plugin; you will receive a pop-up warning that the plugin has already been purchased, but you can ignore it.
Additionally: You can use our products in any promotions or videos without restriction, but repackaging and distributing plugins will result in legal action taken against the user.
PIXEL FILM STUDIOS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT SINGLE USE LICENSE
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (“LICENSE”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE PIXEL FILM STUDIOS SOFTWARE. BY USING THE PIXEL FILM STUDIOS SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE, YOU MAY RETURN THE PIXEL FILM STUDIOS SOFTWARE TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU OBTAINED IT FOR A REFUND. IF THE PIXEL FILM STUDIOS SOFTWARE WAS ACCESSED ELECTRONICALLY, CLICK “DISAGREE/DECLINE”.
1. General. The software, documentation and any fonts accompanying this License whether on disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form (collectively the “PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software”) are licensed, not sold, to you by PIXEL FILM STUDIOS (“PIXEL FILM STUDIOS”) for use only under the terms of this License, and PIXEL FILM STUDIOS reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. The terms of this License will govern any software upgrades provided by PIXEL FILM STUDIOS that replace and/or supplement the original PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software product, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
a. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software on all computers under your ownership or control. You may make one copy of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original.
b. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this License), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of PIXEL FILM STUDIOS and its licensors of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software. If you breach this restriction, you may be subject to prosecution and damages.
3. Transfer. You may not rent, lease, lend or sublicense the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software. You may, however, make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your license rights to the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include all of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software, including all its component parts, original media, printed materials and this License; (b) you do not retain any copies of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software, full or partial, including copies stored on a computer or other storage device; and (c) the party receiving the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License. All components of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software are provided as part of a bundle and may not be separated from the bundle and distributed as standalone applications.
Updates: If a PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software update completely replaces (full install) a previously licensed version of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software, you may not use both versions of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software at the same time nor may you transfer them separately.
NFR (Not for Resale) Copies: Notwithstanding other sections of this License, PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software labeled or otherwise provided to you on a promotional basis may only be used for demonstration, testing and evaluation purposes and may not be resold or transferred.
4. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. Your rights under this License will terminate automatically without notice from PIXEL FILM STUDIOS if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this License. Upon the termination of this License, you shall cease all use of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software.
5. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PIXEL FILM STUDIOS BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PIXEL FILM STUDIOS SOFTWARE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF PIXEL FILM STUDIOS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall PIXEL FILM STUDIOS’ total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
6. Government End Users. The PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. ¬ß2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. ¬ß12.212 or 48 C.F.R. ¬ß227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. ¬ß12.212 or 48 C.F.R. ¬ß227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished- rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
7. Controlling Law and Severability. This License will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect. Orange County, California is the official forum of licensing disputes.
8. Complete Agreement; Governing Language. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the PIXEL FILM STUDIOS Software licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by PIXEL FILM STUDIOS. Any translation of this License is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English versions, the English version of this License shall govern.